With its type R, SCHNEEBERGER has developed the first standardised cross roller guide, which has defined the global industry standard.
The RD double V-shaped guide supplements the R linear guideway and supports space-saving and cost-effective solutions.
Type R benchmark data
Track and surface quality
• Finely ground supporting and/or locating surfaces and tracks (90o V-profile)
• Rails from through hardened tool steel 1.2842, hardness 58 - 62 HRC. The sizes R/RD 1 and 2 are made out of tool steel 1.3505.
• For non-corrosive guideways tool steel 1.4034 is used.
• Rolling element made of through hardened roller bearing steel, hardness 58 - 64 HRC.
• Ball or roller
• 1 m/s
• 50 m/s2
• R and RD linear guideways are available in three quality classes (see chapter 9)
• -40o C to +80o C
The R and RD design can be combined with the following products:
• recirculating unit type SK, SKC and SR